Today I have been doing some serious spring cleaning, after putting it off way for too long. I’ve had too much else to do, but at the same time I’ve had trouble getting things done when my home is in a messy state. Do you know what I mean?
I came up with a few tricks to get me started, and I want to share them with you!
- Make a plan for what needs to be done and how to do it. Set up a schedule with the work divided into small tasks with their own dead lines, i.e. “bedroom to be cleaned by 11 am”.
- Music! A good song can help you get into cleaning mode and even make cleaning a fun affair. If you know the lyrics, sing or mime along and pretend you’re shooting a cleaning-themed music video.
- Try out one of those detergents that have a ridiculously lame commercial and act it out while you’re cleaning.
- Same thing as before but from another perspective: buy some new cleaning supplies and pretend you’re doing a review article for a magazine. Really put the products to the test!
- Go through your wardrobe! You’ll be sure to find clothes you didn’t even remember you still had, and you’ll be able to tell exactly what shopping needs to be done.
- Promise yourself a reward for all your hard work, something to look forward to.