- wear elegant black wool coats even when the temperature is far below zero. In Sweden warm sporty jackets are certainly more popular in winter.
- wear fur, a lot. Like fur jackets or fur elements in their outfits. In Sweden you will hardly see anyone wear fur, unless it’s fake.
- wear high heels in broad daylight. Walking in parks, shopping, taking the subway… In Sweden, heels are generally saved for the Saturday night and festive occasions.
- despite the traditional image, they don’t wear red lipstick in their daily looks. However, you will see a lot of tourist girls wearing “the French look”: all in black, accesorized with a hat and accompanied with a red lipstick and black eyeliner.
- smoke! I’ve seen so many French girls smoke on the streets, in cafés and sometimes even indoors! Overall, smoking seems a lot more popular in France than here. In Sweden you will hardly see anyone with a cigarette if you take a stroll downtown on a regular day, and personally I don’t have a single smoker among my friends.