And speaking of Italy – I’m crazy about everything Italian! Here’s my easiest recipe with pasta. I learned it when I lived in Italy, and it’s called pasta rosso (red pasta). There are many ways to prepare this dish, but this is my favorite one.
You’ll need (use as much of every ingredient as you want):
- Pasta! Any kind. Here I’ve used cortecce, because that’s what I had around. You can use penne (my favorite!), fusilli, conchiglie, rigatoni, farfalle (Hannes’ favorite) or even longer types, like spagetti, linguine or tagliatelle.
- Tomato paste. I used around 500 ml.
- A couple of fresh tomatoes (optional).
- Garlic, according to your preferences. Unfortunately, today I’m not planning to make out with anyone, so I’m adding quite a lot of it.
- Leek or onion.
- Fresh basil and parsley (any other fresh herb will work as a good substitute to parsley, but you can’t really replace basil in a tomato dish!).
Instead of regular pasta you can use gnocchi. Here’s my gnocchi recipe.