Today a friend of mine called me up, asking for advice. She was in hysterics because it’s the last day before Christmas, and she still hadn’t found a gift for her boyfriend! So we discussed what strategy she should use. I thought I’d share what we came up with. If you feel stressed out because you still haven’t managed to find presents for your loved ones, don’t panic – this is for you!
The main idea was: If you haven’t found a quality gift yet, switch strategy and go for quantity instead! For example:
- If he really likes for instance oranges, buy him a ridiculous amount of oranges, like 20 kilos. If M&Ms are his cup of tea, buy him buckets of it! Maybe he has a favorite M&M color, in which case it would be really nice to sort out his favorites and give him just those!
- Fill up the bathtub up with carbonated water and instruct him to have a sparkling bath – it’ll be an experience few have had!
- Take a leaf out of Joey Tribbiani’s book and give him home made coupons for things he’d like. They could be for his favorite dinner, hugs and kisses or get-out-of-jail-free cards if he messed something up. Or you could become his genie and simply promise to fulfill three wishes for him, whatever category he wants!
- Give him an activity to do with his friends! Many boyfriends don’t spend as much time with their guy mates as they would like to. Here’s your chance to be the wise and understanding girlfriend. For instance: Give him and his mates a night on the pub. He’ll love it!
- Here’s a tip that’s good in the way that it’s a gift for both of you, sort of! Buy some expensive lingerie set in a style you think he would appriciate, and present them by wearing them and tell him that it’s a gift for him! You get a really nice lingerie set and he gets the hot hot hot girlfriend! Everybody wins!