I made a post about my pearls previously. If you own pearls, it’s important to take care of them properly. Here’s some help:
- Wear your pearls as often as possible! Pearls love it.
- But don’t shower and swim in a swimming pool with your pearls – chlorine is disastrous for them!
- The same goes for perfume and body cream – don’t let them contact with your pearls.
- Never store your pearls with other jewelery. It might scratch them and they’ll loose their shine (and value).
- Keep them clean by wiping them with a soft cloth. There’s also a special jewelery cleanser for pearls.
- Try to remember to take off your pearls, whether it’s a necklace or earrings, before energetic physical activities like sports, cleaning the house or having sex. This will save your pearls from the risk to get damaged and you from unnecessary pain.
There’s a rule that says: Pearls should be the last thing you put on when dressing, and the first thing you take off when you get home.
With these easy steps in mind your pearls will live a long and happy life!