I’ve just been to the cinema and finally saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt1. Just so you know, I’m a huge Harry Potter fan, and I’m not just saying. I just don’t want to creep you out by proving it . I must say the 2.5 hours went by very fast, and before I knew it Voldermort was pointing his wand in the sky and the movie ended.
There were some things that I liked and some that I didn’t. I hope you don’t mind spoilers!
Things I liked:
- Ron. I really like this guy, the way he looks, the things he does and the way the brilliant Rupert Grint plays his part. The bit when Hermione is mad at Ron and he’s trying to fix it reminds me a lot of my own boyfriend after a fight. I think the UK is lucky to have Rupert Grint, and I’m expecting to see him in many other films to come.
- Alan Rickman and Bill Nighy (as Severus Snape and Rufus Scrimgeour). Two exceptional actors, who act with their voices so skillfully, that you don’t even need to see the screen to get goose bumps. Both of them can be seen in one of my favorite movies Love Actually.
- Hermione and her hair. After seeing Emma Watson in her new pixie haircut I wanted to run and chop off my own hair. But now when I saw the “usual” Emma, I think I like it better.
- My favorite scene of the film was definitely the dance between Harry and Hermione. Nothing else has moved me as much, not even Dobby’s death.
Things I didn’t like:
- Some scenes were really tasteless. Like the sex scene Ron saw while destroying the horcrux. I mean, Harry and Hermione were actually naked, oil smeared and shiny, touching each other! Hello, Twilight and Mr Pattinson!
- Also, the way the feelings between Ron and Hermione were illustrated. No reading between the lines, offendingly obvious – we get it, ok!
- Ralph Fiennes might be a great actor, but as Lord Voldermort? Not scary.
- I’m afraid Daniel Radcliffe will forever be known as Harry Potter. No bright acting future here, unfortunately. And I’m not being mean, in fact, I used to have a crush on him when I was young.
- I want to see more of Snape!
Are you a Harry Potter fan? Have you seen the movie yet? Please, tell me what you think:)