So, the same day that we had our discussion I went down to the local supermarket and bought a huge bottle of silicone-free conditioner. It’s the one you can see in the photo above, TRESemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner. I tried the co-washing method right away, and here’s what I thought about it:
- First and foremost: it did leave my hair very shiny and smooth! No frizz, which sometimes can be an issue for my wavy hair.
- It dried much faster then it usually does (no blow-drying)
- I couldn’t stop touching my hair (even the day after). So silky!
- It actually felt clean, and so did my scalp.
- I don’t have problems with greasiness, but this time my hair felt completely ungreasy even on the 3rd day (I did wash it anyway, though). Maybe it has to do with the silicone-free part. This might be a solution for greasy hairs.
- The conditioner felt “slippery” (I was afraid it wouldn’t since it was “natural” and all)
- It takes a lot of time to massage your hair and scalp in the shower. Maybe 5 minutes or so to make it clean.
- You need a lot of conditioner. I used a full palm, so get a cheap one.
- I don’t know if the method is going work in the long run.
- If it does, what to do with all my shampoo?