Category Archives: Outfits and style
Yesterday we were at the first routine check-up of Johannes since leaving the hospital. The news we got there were great! It turns out that he has already gained 12 percent of his initial weight! Of course, we were thrilled to find out that our baby boy is getting stronger so fast. That’s the kind of thing that makes you feel like a good parent.
Another thing that made me happy was to find out that I’m back at my pre-pregnancy weight. I mean, the pregnancy experience was amazing and interesting in many ways, but I must say that towards the end of it I was feeling a bit heavy and clumsy. And all the small things, like not being able to put on my own socks or painting the nails on my toes myself!.. Don’t even get me started.
- wear elegant black wool coats even when the temperature is far below zero. In Sweden warm sporty jackets are certainly more popular in winter.
- wear fur, a lot. Like fur jackets or fur elements in their outfits. In Sweden you will hardly see anyone wear fur, unless it’s fake.
- wear high heels in broad daylight. Walking in parks, shopping, taking the subway… In Sweden, heels are generally saved for the Saturday night and festive occasions.
- despite the traditional image, they don’t wear red lipstick in their daily looks. However, you will see a lot of tourist girls wearing “the French look”: all in black, accesorized with a hat and accompanied with a red lipstick and black eyeliner.
- smoke! I’ve seen so many French girls smoke on the streets, in cafés and sometimes even indoors! Overall, smoking seems a lot more popular in France than here. In Sweden you will hardly see anyone with a cigarette if you take a stroll downtown on a regular day, and personally I don’t have a single smoker among my friends.
Here’s my outfit for this season. I’m mostly wearing my mum’s faux fur coat (it’s a bit too large for me, but it works) and a pair of skinny jeans. These jeans are actually the only piece of pregnancy clothing that I’ve bought. I’ve been doing great with my regular clothes and I’m kind of hoping I can keep it that way this last couple of months, too!
Nothing spectacular about today’s look obviously, but I’m absolutely crazy about this nail polish! It’s Blue My Mind by H&M.
And if you’re interested in getting this shade I think there’s a dupe by Sally Hansen called Pacific Blue and a very similar one by Nails Inc. in Baker Street!
We have the most beautiful autumn right now! It’s warm, sunny and blue-skied, with an absolutely breathtaking palette of trees. This is the way I love it the most, and it just reminds me all over again why autumn is my favorite season of the year.
I wish you guys were here to see it.