Category Archives: Beauty
Today I finally have the time to make an FOTD post! The truth is that during these past few weeks I’ve hardly had the time for anything, but in a good way. I’ve been so busy enjoying my new status that I almost missed my own 25th birthday! Most likely I would have missed it if it wasn’t for my closest people who made this day really special for me. And of course, all of you guys who have sent their congratulations!
Anyway, here I’m wearing some of my new favorites that I got from Lime Crime a couple of months ago. The lipgloss is their Carousel Gloss in Present (dark berry red with lots of magenta glitter) and a golden eyeliner Uniliner in Rhyme. I think these two look pretty together.
One question that I get a lot these days is what beauty routines I had during my pregnancy. The truth is that I did all the things that I usually do without avoiding any particular products.
The one thing I did extra was to use a lot of anti-stretch mark creams. I was so worried that I would get some stretch marks somewhere on my body while being pregnant that I was rubbing these creams in night and day like a maniac! Needless to say, I went through many different kinds of anti-stretch mark creams and a lot of tubes of them.
I know it’s hardly possible to prevent the appearance of stretch marks with a cream, because it mostly depends on different hormonal factors, but for me it was more of a psychological thing. I needed to feel like I was doing something.
Here are some of the ones I used:
- Sebamed Anti-Stretch Mark Cream. The one I liked the most and went through 3 tubes of this one and really loved the smell, the consistency and its moisturising properties. Ok to use while nursing, too. Ordered from feelunique.
- Phytomer Seatonic Stretch mark reducing cream. This one was really expensive if I remember correctly. It contains some kind of algae and feels really rich and luxurious on the skin, and I’m using it for moisturising even now when the pregnancy is over!
- Bio-oil. This is supposed to be a miraculous product for every skin condition, including acne and stretch marks, but honestly, it contains the simplest and cheapest ingredients and smells weird.
- Bodyshop Hemp Seed Body Butter. Another weird smelling product, but this one is actually really good. I’m a fan of the hand cream from the same line, too. Hannes got this body butter for Christmas, but wasn’t interested in using it, so he gave it to me instead.
- Bepanthen Crème anti-vergetures triple action. Bought this one in Paris while buying the regular Bepanthen cream for the baby. It may be good, but the consistency is quite weird and makes it really hard to spread on the skin.
- Paula’s Choice Skin Revealing Body Lotion with 10% AHA. Last but not least, my favorite AHA product. I used this one for exfoliating, as usual.
And before you ask, this story has a happy ending. I didn’t get a single stretch mark anywhere on my body, but of course, we will never know if it was my frantic usage of anti-stretch mark creams that helped or not.
Unfortunately, I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather during this week. I think I’m having a common flu, at least all the classic symptoms, such as fever, runny nose, coughing and headache are there. Due to my pregnancy, there are not really that many medicines I can take to help and improve my state, so I’ve been mostly staying in bed drinking hot lemon tea and reading.
I’m trying to take it as easy as I can in order not to urge the baby to come out. After all, there are supposed to be at least two weeks left before the date, and the last thing I want is to give birth to someone while being ill!
Anyway, one thing that made me really excited is getting a package from Lime Crime. Just the look of their stuff would brighten up anyone’s day! Can’t wait to get better and try out all this gorgeousness, so stay tuned for swatches, looks and reviews!
Right now I’m desperately looking for some new make-up and beauty inspiration, but nothing really comes my way!.. Do you guys have any tips for me? What are your favorite make-up trends and looks at the moment? Or maybe you have discovered some interesting beauty products recently? Anything, really.
I feel like I need to brag a little about my pregnancy while I can, I hope you can excuse me for that. We’ve all heard about this special glow coming from pregnant women, right? Well, I’m not sure I have that (although my Grandma does say that I have a face of a pregnant lady whenever we Skype).
However, I must say that this whole pregnancy thing has been really beautifying for me when it comes to my skin and hair. I know you can’t see it from where you are, but trust my word. It’s almost too good to be true! My skin has never been so flawless in my life, I haven’t seen a single imperfection on my face for months now. And the even skin tone, too! Used to be absolutely unheard of.
As for my hair, it’s crazy thick now. I don’t think I’m losing any hair at all! Before I used to lose quite a lot while washing my hair or brushing it. Now, it’s more like one or two hair straws, if I brush it really vigorously!
Of course, these things can change overnight thanks to all the hormones. Although, I’m kind of hoping it’s going to stay that way at least for a while! The price to pay was that I was completely covered with red pimples during the first two months. I remember avoiding mirrors during that period. And then after two months the spots were suddenly all gone!
So yeah, that’s a pretty good bonus from being pregnant, apart from the obvious benefits. I almost wish I could recommend it as a beautifying treatment, but of course I can’t!
I’m starting to like Revlon lipsticks more and more! Their Colorburst lipsticks compare to my favorite high-end lipsticks, like Dior Rouge (the packaging is kind of similar, too).
The lipstick I use most often right now is Revlon Colorburst in Raspberry 045. Some reviewers compare it to MAC New York Apple (which has been a favorite for years), but in my opinion they are quite different.