One question that I get a lot these days is what beauty routines I had during my pregnancy. The truth is that I did all the things that I usually do without avoiding any particular products.
The one thing I did extra was to use a lot of anti-stretch mark creams. I was so worried that I would get some stretch marks somewhere on my body while being pregnant that I was rubbing these creams in night and day like a maniac! Needless to say, I went through many different kinds of anti-stretch mark creams and a lot of tubes of them.
I know it’s hardly possible to prevent the appearance of stretch marks with a cream, because it mostly depends on different hormonal factors, but for me it was more of a psychological thing. I needed to feel like I was doing something.
Here are some of the ones I used:
- Sebamed Anti-Stretch Mark Cream. The one I liked the most and went through 3 tubes of this one and really loved the smell, the consistency and its moisturising properties. Ok to use while nursing, too. Ordered from feelunique.
- Phytomer Seatonic Stretch mark reducing cream. This one was really expensive if I remember correctly. It contains some kind of algae and feels really rich and luxurious on the skin, and I’m using it for moisturising even now when the pregnancy is over!
- Bio-oil. This is supposed to be a miraculous product for every skin condition, including acne and stretch marks, but honestly, it contains the simplest and cheapest ingredients and smells weird.
- Bodyshop Hemp Seed Body Butter. Another weird smelling product, but this one is actually really good. I’m a fan of the hand cream from the same line, too. Hannes got this body butter for Christmas, but wasn’t interested in using it, so he gave it to me instead.
- Bepanthen Crème anti-vergetures triple action. Bought this one in Paris while buying the regular Bepanthen cream for the baby. It may be good, but the consistency is quite weird and makes it really hard to spread on the skin.
- Paula’s Choice Skin Revealing Body Lotion with 10% AHA. Last but not least, my favorite AHA product. I used this one for exfoliating, as usual.
And before you ask, this story has a happy ending. I didn’t get a single stretch mark anywhere on my body, but of course, we will never know if it was my frantic usage of anti-stretch mark creams that helped or not.