Monthly Archives: October 2011
Ok, guys, thanks for wishing me luck! I’m off to my exam now, and I think everything should go well. The subject of the exam is Operations Research which is a mix of advanced mathematics and corporate finance, and it’ll take around five hours.
Talk to you soon,
I have this super important exam tomorrow morning. I’ve studied a lot in advance, but today, instead of going through everything one more time, I’ve been a real domestic goddess! I’ve reorganized all my underwear, replanted some of my plants and even organized the files on my computer. Then I polished it all off by painting my nails with my favorite holographic Too Violet.
Luckily, I still have some hours in front of me.
And a couple of photos from today:
- Wear rubber gloves whenever you do any cleaning around the house or do the dishes
- Apply hand cream after washing your hands
- Apply hand cream before going to bed. Ideally, put on cotton gloves afterwards.
- Get manicures – or do them yourself! If you’re a nail biter, this might be a way to get rid of that habit.
- Wear gloves outdoors if it’s cold
- Massage cuticle oil into your cuticles whenever you remember to
- Use sunscreen on your hands before you go out
By the way, lately I’ve become a total convert when it comes to oat milk. I use it everywhere instead of regular milk and I drink it in the morning, too. Having a glass of milk with a meal is extremely common in Sweden, but personally I’m not a milk drinker. Oat milk, on the other hand, is a completely different story. I like it.
Also, Oatly products are developed by my university, which is one of the reasons I choose this brand.
The other day I bought this cute pumpkin and thought I’d carve it for the upcoming Halloween. But now I’ve had it sitting on my window ledge for a while and I’m starting to feel that carving it only for decorating purpose is such a waste!..
I think I’ll leave it as it is and then maybe cook it when Halloween is over.
Are you planning to carve pumpkins for Halloween this year?
- Flip-flops – not even on vacation
- Belly necklaces and ankle bracelets (maybe I live in the wrong climate for that)
- Toe rings!
- Earmuffs (never seen anyone above 12 who looks good in those, either)
- Body piercings. I don’t have any and I would never get one (the same goes for tattoos). Earrings are ok.
- Souvenir t-shirts. At least in public. If I sleep alone I sometimes wear a t-shirt which says “Niagara Falls”.
- Overalls. Something called Onepiece is extremely popular in Sweden at the moment, but I think it’s most suitable for kids.
- Cargo trousers
- Cowboy boots (but I know people who can totally pull them off!)